I am really loving this Firefox Home App for your iPhone. I stumbled across this app the other day. The Firefox Home App is pretty easy to set up. I had it up and running in just a few minutes. Before you start, remember that this app will not work if you are browsing in private mode.
- Install the free Firefox Sync add-on on your desktop.
- Once Firefox restarts, follow the prompts to create an account with both a password and a Secret Phrase. Firefox Home uses your Secret Phrase to locally encrypt and protect your information.
- Firefox Sync will now begin securely synchronizing your data with our service. This initial synchronization may take up to 20 minutes.
- To complete the setup, on your iPhone enter your account, password and Secret Phrase in the field provided and tap ‘Done’ on the keypad.
- Once complete you will be able to access your desktop bookmarks, history, and open tabs on your iPhone.
The Firefox Home app allows you to continue working on whatever you were working on while online from your PC on the go on you iPhone. I like that if I was viewing something on a forum and need to run, I just sync it and continue to view it from my iPhone. I especially like this when I have to leave for work. If I am online doing anything in the morning before I have to leave, I can continue on my break at work.
This app is free from the Apple App store. I am sure you will like it as much as I do.
[itunes link="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefox-home/id380366933?mt=8&uo=4" title="Firefox Home App"]